Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Duan Wu Jie

Yeap~ Today is the actual day of the Duan Wu Jie which I called Zhong Zhi Jie ( aka Dumpling Day if direct translated from the Chinese).
I wonder what is it called in English, Dragon Boat Festival perhaps? I'm not sure. LOL!!
Anyway, let's stick to the Dumpling Day then. :P

Like how it is called, today is the day we Chinese eat dumpling or know as zhong zhi in Chinese.

Taken from the Google


This is how the inside looks like (taken from the Google)

Ask me if I like it? Hmmm, I would say yes and no. HAHA!!
Why? When I was a kid, I had some of them which the taste were so superb that still making me drop my saliva even by think of it.
However, after that I don't think I had any which is as nice as that one again.
Well, like how some people said, don't ever try to sit in a Mercedes cause you won't like to drive your own Perodua Kenari again. Now, got what I mean ?
I've tasted the best dumpling in the world before, so I wont say any other dumplings are good if the taste is not comparable to the one I had. :P
But of course I still had some for the past years because I believe you have to do what should we do in order to celebrate the occasion. :D
Because it makes me feel that I am a part of the celebration.
Like new clothes and firecrakers for the Chinese New Year, so, dumplings for the Dumpling days ^^.

Oh ya, if I am not mistaken, some places celebrate the day by organizing the dragon boat racing.

Taken from the Google

I've never seen any before but honestly to tell you guys, I don't really have any interest in it. = /
If my memory serves me right, I think when I was still a kid there was once or maybe few times the racing were organized in my hometown, Sibu.
I didn't get to see any of them since there were to many people were watching. LOL!

I was told by my sis that, the Singaporean celebrate the day by throwing the dumpling into the river.
Wanna know why? Let me tell you.
There was once a person called Qu Yuan from China who was wrongly accused of being a traitor who had betrayed his country.
Then he committed suicide by jumping into the deep river to prove his own innocence.
In order to prevent the fishes in the river to eat away the corpse, the villagers throw the dumplings into the river in hoping that the fishes would eat the dumpling instead.
And the tradition continued till this day in some places :).
He must be really a kind person eh?
I was told the story by someone I forgot who but I got the name by Googling it ( now you see how useful is the Google) , HEHE!

Anyway, I don't think I will be having any dumpling this year :(.
I am not going back to be reunited with my families for today.
BECAUSE I STILL HAVE AN EXAM TO ATTEND ON THIS NOON!!Arghh! Pressure! pressure whenever I think about this.
Don't ask me how is my revision already and obviously I am taking a short break from it to write something about the day.

I think it's time :(, I can already hear the bells are ringing like reminding me that the break is over. SADDD!!!
Anyway, Happy Duan Wu Jie guys and girls :)
Have a happy one, my families, beloved friends and of course you too, whoever are reading my this.
Love you, Baby Tiong.

1 comment:

TcPinG said...

Walao. I just see you update this while you still have exam in d noon. == anyway, everything has passed!! =D